This year we spent Thanksgiving with Grandma Shaw and Grandpa Tony, and Great-Nana in Santa Ana. The kids love coming here! We got there the day before Thanksgiving, and had a triple-birthday celebration since their birthdays are so close together. It was fun to see Nathan dig into a cupcake for the first time! The next day we had a relaxing Thanksgiving, first going to El Toro Memorial to visit Joel's dad and sister's gravesite, and to see the angel of hope statue. I was touched seeing all the gravemarkers of tiny children and infants, and talked to the kids about it, and how sad it would be to lose a baby brother or sister. We found many with temples engraved on them. Then we came back and had a nice dinner, and a visit with Joel's uncle Kevin and aunt Marie. And after much debate, Joel and I decided to race off to Wal-Mart to get a flat screen TV for $98! We waited for about an hour, and they ran out of stock but guaranteed the price, so a few days ago we picked it up, and we love it! The day after Thanksgiving I had a bad cold, so I stayed home while Nathan napped and Joel went with his mom and the kids to Deseret Book. It was a great visit to Nana's house!
No comments:
Post a Comment